11.13.2007

Who Wants a Cookie?

Too cold for a walk outside with the dogs, so I made some cookies for them! Of course it was to flurry on my first weekday on my early maternity leave...

Dog Cookies

2 cups Rye Flour
1 1/4 cups Rice Flour
1/2 Tbs Cinnamon
3/4 cups water (plus more if needed)
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce

Combine rye flour, rice flour and cinnamon in a working bowl. Combine water and apple sauce. Add the wet to the dry to form a dough. They dough may be a bit dry, add little bits of water as necessary until the dough comes together. Roll out to 1/4 inch thick and cut cookies.

With egg wash (1 egg + a little water), brush each cookie. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes I normally just turn off the oven and let the cookies sit to let it crisp up more - Daisey seems to like them better that way.

I tried to take a picture of them enjoying the cookies, but none of them were clear. Boo. They were a little over zealous while eating them. An oven picture was the best I could do.

1 comment: